Via Customer Internal LAN
MAX-Net is Mitsubishi's modular network system designed to support 21st century printing plants. MAX-Net does more than simply link multiple Mitsubishi presses with prepress departments. It upgrades the control system for existing equipment, color control system and prepress interface, while adding wider workflow functionality, such as connections to other networks via the Internet. As such, MAX-Net functions as a control system for integrating the entire printing plant, management information systems, marketing materials and production management departments.
At the heart of the MAX-Net workflow is the Mitsubishi knowledge-based press control terminal. Capable of interpreting various data through digital networks, the press control gives the operator ready access to all press control functions, from makeready tasks for new or repeat jobs to press startup to printing quality control to press fault diagnosis, simply at the touch of a color monitor.
The advantages for printing operations that adopt MAX-Net include:
- Quicker and easier press presets
- Reduction of sheet waste and makeready time
- Centralized management of production information
- Company-wide color standardization and digital data management
- High degree of press maintenance
- Scalable system components that can be introduced depending upon the company's individual needs and circumstances